Wednesday, January 23, 2008

At the Mercy of a Strange Laptop

I'm roaming this week, so this post is coming to you via a laptop in a hotel room. Yes, I'm not in "Kansas" anymore, and this definitely is not my familiar and comfortable writing scenario. I've had to alter even my typing style for this nearly indestructable--but slow--Panasonic Toughbook. I think I'm getting my daily workout with the force it takes to press the keys. *puff, puff* LOL Suffice it to say, this post will be brief and you may have to overlook a few typos.

I'm in the final stages of "scrub"on P2PC, and honing my synopsis and query. On my flight, I re-read Kristin Nelson's excellent workshop on pitches and made copious notes. I hope I can find exactly the right words and phrases to capture the essence of this novel and get a few chapters into someone's hands. Writing that "grab them by the collar and shake them, screaming You have to read this!" query is proving a true test of my writing skills.

I'll post again when I'm back at home base. In the meantime, if you're interested in reading a few slants on "Where Ideas Come From", pop over to the Toasted Scimitar this week.

www.toasted-scimitar.blogspot.com

Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for chiming in! We love to see your comments. (All comments are moderated so spam can be terminated!)