Monday, November 26, 2007

Holiday Lament

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving (should you be among those who celebrate).

Me? Well, yes I did. Good times, great food, wonderful to see everyone again from the far flung corners of the country, and it's great to have a five day holiday, but...

It's also somewhat frustrating when I can't dive into my writing head first and stay there for the entire hiatus. 'Tis the season when houseguests and family activities abound, and sadly, zilch time to devote to my manuscript. It's *gasp* finally! the end of day five, my fingers are twitching and I've developed a nervous tick. Oh yes, writing can be as addictive as anything they sell on the street corner. A writer denied their "fix" is not pretty. (Quick! Hide the mirrors.)

So it's back to work tomorrow...in more ways than one.

Have a great week.

2 comments:

  1. You have to try sneaking a hit in the car during lunch. I'm telling you, it's the place to write.
    Of course now that I have the lap top I can sneak off and hide in the closet if need be. Hmm the closet, I wonder... No my husband already thinks I've lost it. Better not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Dawn I put "laptop computer" on my Xmas list. Where there's a will there's a way. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for chiming in! We love to see your comments. (All comments are moderated so spam can be terminated!)